Thursday, March 25, 2010

dork & beans


My boyfriend is really into games - video games, card games, computer games, board games, drinking games (he he jk) - he just loves them all! After many years of refusing to participate in his long-winded strategic games, I have recently decided to give some of them a go. I have now been completely converted to the world of "nerdy" board games. One in particular that my boyfriend and I enjoy playing together is a card game called Bohnanza (German for "Beans"). Basically, each player attempts to plant as many of one kind of bean as possible in order to earn the most money. I've started the fun project of redesigning the playing cards for the game by coming up with new types of beans and illustrating them. So far I've illustrated jelly bean and garbanzo bean (chick pea!) and i have lots of ideas for the rest of the cards. So, in short, give nerdy games a try! Heck, you might even walk by a park some day and see me LARPing... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment