Tuesday, March 23, 2010

nature walkin'


Today I decided to go outside, enjoy the weather and embark on a mini nature walk. Well, truthfully, I did this same walk yesterday, but my camera battery was dead so I went on a second adventure, this time with my camera ready! I strolled along a pathway that leads to a bridge over a pond. I photographed some ducks, most of which seemed to be relaxing in pairs (oh, ducky love!) all the while thinking how silly i probably looked to passers by. As I leaned over the wooden railing of the bridge, staring into the calm, somewhat murky pond water, I quickly realized that ducks weren't the pond's only inhabitants. There were several large koi swimming around in groups. Now, this may sound all tranquil an everything, but those things freak me out! I was convinced that one was going to emerge from the depths and drag a poor duck under by it's feet...which, of course, didn't happen. Next time I visit the ducks I will have to bring along some bread, although I have a feeling it will attract those terrifying fish as well...

1 comment:

  1. Emi and I went to feed the ducks every so often when we lived there but one time this mean lady said "You know what, you think that is cute and all but it attracts the rats." She was so mean but obviously I see the ducks eating the bread so there is no bread for the rats to be had. I mean, Emi and I made sure that they would eat the bread.

    Silly lady. I am glad the ducks have met a new friend.

    ReplyDelete