Thursday, February 4, 2010

city in colour

I had a chance to stroll around downtown today in the beautiful, sunny weather and check out some of the Olympic craziness. The first thing that caught my eye was the huge red and pink floral pattern that wrapped the entire front of the Vancouver Art Gallery - it looked amazing! What is even more amazing is that it is hand painted! It turns out that it is an installation piece by Michael Lin, called Michael Lin: A Modest Veil and it is one of many public art installations funded by the Vancouver 2010 Cultural Olympiad and the City of Vancouver's Public Art Program.

2 comments:

  1. This picture was in the Globe and Mail a couple weeks ago, and I was quite intrigued by it as well. Those sneaky fine artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought it was a giant print when I saw it. Also, I enjoy how there is a guy straddling the lion statue in the photo I took...ha!

    ReplyDelete