Thursday, February 11, 2010

quatchi and sumi and miga...oh my!



So, being a total design nerd, I researched this many moons ago, but with the opening ceremonies being tomorrow and all, I thought I would share my research now! We've all seen the the Vancouver 2010 mascots plastered all over everything, so I thought I would figure out who designed them. Some simple googling informed me that these cute characters are creations of design company called meomi. I visited their site to find a wonderfully imaginative illustrated treehouse that "houses" their equally wonderful illustrations and design work. The company consists of only two people, Vicki Wong and Michael Murphy, who run the business out of Vancouver/L.A. Imagine how crazy it would be to see your illustrations come to life in such a huge way?! Too bad they don't want interns...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment