Monday, February 15, 2010

i chews you



I spent the past weekend celebrating my birthday/Valentine's Day with a trip to Seattle with my boyfriend. We visited Pike Place Market and just wandered the city admiring the many bookstores, coffee shops and brick buildings. It was during this wandering that we came across an alley (behind the market) with a wall completely covered in a beautiful, textural, vibrant mural of spit slathered, squishy, dangling, smeared chunks of chewing gum. There was a couple carefully stretching and sculpting their freshly chewed gum into some sort of Valentine tribute and the entire thing was disgusting, yet strangely lovely to look at. To learn more check it out here on wikipedia. I wish I had seen this when I had to do a collage of found typography for school!

No comments:

Post a Comment